Here are some dog grooming tips on how to get the best out of your grooming experience for both you and your dog. These tips will also go a long way to keeping your dog happy and his coat and skin healthy.
1) Start from a young age:– Start grooming your puppy from day one, first with a soft brush to get him used to being brushed, moving on to a more appropriate brush for your dogs coat type. That way, grooming will become a part of the everyday routine, like feeding and walking is.
2) Be consistent:– Its very easy to fall out of habit so make it a priority to groom your dog daily to keep the knots at bay because once the coat gets knotted that’s when the problems begin. The knots pull on the skin and hurt, resulting in your dog making negative association with the brush.
3) Check the paws :– As with brushing, it is very important to check your dogs paws on a regular basis to get him used to it. Most dogs don’t like having their paws looked at because they are simply not used to it. This could cause serious problems if your dog has cut himself , maybe have glass in his paw or if a grass seed has found its way in (a very common problem in summer time). If this is not dealt with promptly it can travel up the leg resulting in the dog possibly needing it surgically removed.
4) Check the ears:- The ears are also an important part of your dog’s daily grooming regime. Long , floppy ears are very dogprone to infections because they are covered and don’t get much air circulation. Regular cleaning will help to prevent serious ear infections which can be very painful for your dog as well as very costly in vet fees. As with the paws, your dogs ears can also fall victim of foreign bodies such as grass seeds. Many long haired breeds have hair growing inside the ear canal, this is easily removed (plucked) and causes no pain but needs to be started from puppyhood to get your dog used to the sensation. Regular plucking your dogs ears will also help in the prevention of infections.
5) Minimize the bathing:– All of the above are far more important than bathing your dog. Dogs should not really be bathed more than two or three times a year as this strips the coat of its natural oils, thus potentially causing skin problems. Obviously, if your dog has a tendency to roll in disgusting things such as fox mess, then bathing is inevitable, but mud is easily brushed out when dry or even rinsed off with plain, lukewarm water.
If you are a parent of a child who is involved in a sport of any kind, then you certainly are proud that he/she is involved in the wonderful world of organized sports. Being a part of a team is not only fun and exciting, but it is a great character-building experience that will teach your child many valuable lessons about life.
Are you aware of the fact that you can build sports websites for your child’s team? It is true and something that you may wish to consider. At League Athletics, you can very easily build a terrific, user-friendly site that is customized for your purposes and which can be updated by you and anyone else you choose. This type of website is ideal to use for communicating information to team members and their families. You can use it to post schedules, coordinate events and announce practice times and other pertinent information that keeps your program running smoothly. Not only are these websites great looking and easy to use, but they also are a great way to market your team.
Many coaches use this type of website that is powered by sport league software for offering online sports registration, tournament management, photo galleries, and the management of officials. The software used simplifies the management of amateur sports organizations so that you can concentrate on the game itself and not all of the details of the program you are involved in. League Athletics offers you a very comprehensive site that will improve communications within the team itself as well as with the entire organization or club. With great tools like unlimited email blasts, automatic game and practice reminders and schedule change notifications, your program will run much more smoothly and efficiently.
There are no hidden fees when you buy one of the sports websites from League Athletics. In fact, the only fee you pay is the cost of the annual web hosting. There is no ‘per transaction’ or ‘convenience fee’ charged for the online registration service. The only time you would be charged an additional fee would be if you were to choose opening a Merchant Account wherein you accept electronic payments. You are even allowed to sell sponsorship space on your website and keep all of the profits you earn. League Athletics also promises never to place a third party ad on your site, so your site will not become cluttered with spam ads. The site is yours to customize as you wish and is designed to make easy work of running/coaching a sports team.